Curry duck is a very delicious and popular meal. It has a distinct flavor and texture that makes it unique. Try our Curry Duck recipe.
Curry duck, otherwise known as “Duck Curry”, is very delicious and popular.
- 1 (6-8 lbs) duck (drake is better)
- 4 tablespoon curry powder (heap)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin (heap)
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander (heap)
- 1 head garlic peeled and chopped
- 2 large onions skin remove and chopped
- 4 chicken bullions
- 1 tablespoon salt (level) or salt to taste
- 1 medium hot pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon blackpepper if not using hot pepper
- 2 potspoon oil
Cut the duck into small pieces. Remove as much skin and fat as possible. Wash throughly and set aside.
Add all ingredients except oil, into a bowl, mix, add 2 cups of water and mix well.
Add oil to the pot or pan, heat, add mixture, stir and allow to fry a little while stirring for about 5 minutes.
Add 1 1/2 cup water, allow to simmer adding small amounts of water when needed.
Let it cook for 20 minutes and continue stirring.
Add the duck.
Stir the curry into the duck until it’s coated.
Add 1 cup water and cover for 3-4 minutes.
Remove cover and stir. Allow the pink of duck to fade.
Add 2 cups of water, cover and allow to cook to desired tenderness. Add water when necessary
MAKE 8 SERVINGS